[NAFEX] Persimmons

Scott Smith scott at cs.jhu.edu
Sat Feb 17 08:50:21 EST 2007

The Wye persimmion scionwood offer is now closed, I got quite a few
requests.  If you already emailed me I will be able to send you some
scions.

Re: Fuyu, I have two types a Jiro and a plain old Fuyu and both have
been doing fine in my orchard.  The Fuyu is grafted high which may
have helped it.  I'm not sure how much it means to have a persimmon
die early on, I lost varieties which were supposedly pretty hardy in
their first two years: Giombo, King Sung, and Honan Red.

Scott