[NAFEX] Squirrels in Europe, Marten

Hans Brinkmann hans-brinkmann at t-online.de
Thu Feb 15 15:58:25 EST 2007

Hallo Tom,
your first idea is on one side very right and true, but we have in
Germany also an other side:
In Germany we have also a second marten which is usually not hunting our
squirrels, but living usually only inside towns and villages in Germany.
Farmers usually are loving this one, because it is killing mice and rats
much better than cats. *But also it likes farmer's chickens and ducks.
Anyhow farmers found simple solutions to close the chicken houses only
at night marten-proof. At daytime no risk.
And Chicken houses have to be always Fox-proof - all over the fox-world.
*This marten has a very, very high tolerance to humans. We Call them
translated "House Marten"!!!

ciao
Hans