[NAFEX] P.S. to adding organic matter

Jim Fruth jfruth at tds.net
Mon Feb 12 10:14:07 EST 2007

Doc,
    I don't own one of those (good-for-nothing, over-priced) composting
drums.  I NEVER turn the pile and NEVER aerate it and it DOESN'T stink!
There is rarely more than a faint odor connected with it!  The compost that
I'll use for potting soil this year was added to the pile three years ago.

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm
Pequot Lakes, MN  56472
www.bberryfarm.com
(218)568-8483 [Store]
(218)831-7018 [My Cell]

Most
successful composters of vegetable material have a drum with holes in it or
a wire basket which is periodically stirred or tumbled to accomplish this.
The amount you mention will more than likely require several such devices.
The smell will still be a problem as will scavenger attraction.
Doc