[NAFEX] Huge order of Walnut trees

Hans Brinkmann hans-brinkmann at t-online.de
Mon Feb 5 19:14:17 EST 2007

Hallo Rob + Lucky,
at Europe, Forestry nurseries are selling mostly ( but not for
landscaping) trees from very special certified provenance.
Forestry departments and Forest owners do not buy trees without special
provenance.
Those provenances are proved and certified and sometimes very small
areas. Each has an own number.
E.g. at the EU we can buy also many trees from different USA provenances.
Unfortunately all our available Juglans provenances are Not from USA.
But we try e.g. nice J. regia from Himalaya.

Sometimes Forestry departments are using also only seed nuts, because of
lower costs and nice natural competition.
Only the best will survive.
More and more they just leave some best Mother-trees, which are doing
even the seed production and the
sowing is done by animals or the wind only.
There is a significant change in forestry - last not least - due to the
change of weather.
Some forestry trees are not sufficient strong anymore, for the more arid
and more windy and the more polluted
weather conditions. I am sure you have already the same problems in some
areas at the USA.

ciao
Hans