[NAFEX] grafting with electric tape

Alan Haigh alandhaigh at gmail.com
Wed Dec 26 14:29:34 EST 2007

"I have used black electrical tape for years, with no problems whatsoever.
But I am in
Nova Scotia"

Ditto for me in zone 6 SE NY.  The colored tapes cost much more- is the
danger of burning the scions speculative?  In the warmer zones the scions
presumably sprout earlier under a sun of similar intensity as the sun here a
couple weeks later.  I have heard other claims (speculation?) that the black
tape creates warmth that speeds the mending process.  Maybe one of you out
there would like to run a controlled experiment with black, white and yellow
tape.