[NAFEX] Schlabach"s nursery? other nursery problems

John Bunker jbunker at gwi.net
Wed Dec 26 09:54:52 EST 2007

Hello Jim Erdman,

I'm sorry to hear you had a problem with two Evans Cherries you purchased
from Fedco.  And especially that someone didn't get back to you.  Our policy
is pretty easy.  If a plant does not meet your expectations during the first
growing season, we will send you a full refund or a replacement, no
questions asked.  We prefer to give refunds because then you can reorder
whatever you want from us or anyone else.  We do not require photos or spent
tags or anything.  We do ask that customers contact us during that first
year.   In your case, feel free to send me a personal email message and
we'll send you a refund this winter.

Re: grafting tape.  Tape that is made specifically for grafting is extremely
inexpensive.  We sell it by the single roll.  I imagine others do as well.
We sell two types.  PVC tape is nasty for the environment but is tough and
durable and excellent for topworking applications.  It must be removed at
some point (generally after about one year).  Parafilm tape is not strong
enough for topworking but is excellent for bench grafting.  It is stretchy
and decomposes fairly rapidly in the nursery.  It generally does not need to
be removed.

Regards,
John Bunker
Nursery Coordinator, Fedco