[NAFEX] Organicism

mangodance bmn at iglou.com
Thu Dec 13 23:50:45 EST 2007

Alan Haigh wrote:

> Organicism, now there's a word, sounds like a cult religion.  Certainly
> we wouldn't describe the belief in organic agriculture as being anything
> like that.  You know, suggesting that  embracing modern chemistry in
> every other aspect of our existence but rejecting the use of even a
> single man-made chemical in our agriculture is somehow a little crazy.
> I would certainly never make such a suggestion.  I'd be offending most
> of my friends if I did.

Nah.  Many haven't been so quick to embrace modern chemistry in every
other aspect of our existence.  Given the fact that the problems
manifest themselves long after modern chemistry gifts hit the market,
and usually decades past, it might be safe to say your friends might not
remember it was you who suggested it.  So...you're safe...suggest away

Would the opposite of organicism be chemicism?  ;)