[NAFEX] soil testing... and master gardeners

Donna &/or Kieran holycow at cookeville.com
Wed Dec 12 17:44:44 EST 2007

Stephen,  Have you called your county ag agent?   Or do you still have them there?  Some places have to make do with "Master Gardeners".  (I have been pretty disgusted with that notion, as a 16 week class doesn't give enough knowlege to "master" much of anything.  I like meeting them at the county fair and asking questions they can't answer, like about grafting or species they never heard of.  I didn't get over being irritated at them saying, "I'm a master gardener, do you have any questions?" till they invited me to come speak, which was a blast.  I bought all kinds of produce for show and tell and poked fun at my many failures.  Most of us in NAFEX are pretty good at that I think, more experience in the failure department than most gardeners ever aspire to.    )     Donna