[NAFEX] soil testsing

Stephen Sadler Docshiva at Docshiva.org
Mon Dec 10 03:06:04 EST 2007

UCD is on my list to ask; it's just a matter of finding the right people
there to talk to.  Thanks!

From: nafex-bounces at lists.ibiblio.org
[mailto:nafex-bounces at lists.ibiblio.org] On Behalf Of Alan Haigh
Sent: Sunday, December 09, 2007 1:10 AM
To: nafex at lists.ibiblio.org
Subject: [NAFEX] soil testsing

Steven, you live in Sacremento right next to UC Davis, one of the top ag
schools in the country.  That's where I think you should go before spending
a fortune on soil tests.  The soil in your area often goes over the top
alkaline as I recall from long ago reading but I guess that answer is too
obvious, you said you tested pH.  But I recall something about salt build-up
in the interior valleys there- not enough rain- and even the ground water is
often contaminated with excess salt.

I bet a phone call to UC Davis to one of their soil gurus could straighten
you out quick.  The rest of us merely speculate.