[NAFEX] MN447

Mark & Helen Angermayer hangermayer at isp.com
Fri Dec 7 17:57:38 EST 2007

Paul wrote:
"From the genetic data, MN447 and Northern Spy are parents of Keepsake, a popular U of M introduction."

University of MN also says MN447 is the parent of Sweet Sixteen and grandparent of Honeycrisp.  Interesting.   I guess they're supposed to "officially" release 447 after they decide a name for it.  They've been running a contest to do it.  Winner (the one who submits the name they decide to use) gets a bushel of MN447 apples.

I wonder how well 447 does in warmer climates?

Mark
KS