[NAFEX] infused brandy

Sonja & Raymond Barker orchard1 at telus.net
Fri Dec 7 13:11:23 EST 2007

i think you may be referring to the famous german recipe of 'rum topf' or rum pot....it is made with fresh fruits in season by laying fruits, the first ones would be strawberries...and so on with sugar and covering with light rum. follow with other fruits like raspberries, cherries, peaches etc adding more sugar and rum as you go along.....i dont use too much sugar myself...let all this sit in a nice tall big glass jar covered until fall and serve it over ice cream etc....very delicious, use a clean ladle to scoop it out and everything will keep over winter because of the alcohol...enjoy..sonja