[NAFEX] Evans Cherry, grafting, ripening, harvesting

Brungardt, Sam Sam.Brungardt at state.mn.us
Thu Aug 9 10:32:15 EDT 2007

Del, I'll look up a recipe or two for cherry liqueur or cordial after
work tonight.  The recipes are usually very simple, cherries, vodka or
grain alcohol, sugar, spices (optional; usually cloves or cinnamon or
allspice), often lemon peel and often cherry leaves.  I've even cracked
a few cherry stones and added them for a slight almond flavor (you don't
want to overdo it with the stones, though; they contain a cyanic acid,
which is poisonous in a large dose. -- Sam Brungardt, St. Paul, Minn.