[NAFEX] [off topic] Foraging

Bill Russell shaman at pennswoods.net
Thu Apr 26 13:08:40 EDT 2007

Wild Edible and Medicinal Plant and Mushroom Walk
with Herbalist Nathaniel Whitmore of the Community Herb Project

Fisherman's Paradise, near State College PA.
Sunday April 29th
2:00-4:00 pm

Join us for a walk along Spring Creek to learn about the multitude of uses
for some of our most common plants and mushrooms. Nathaniel Whitmore has
been leading walks for many years and draws upon his spiritual and
intellectual connection to the plants from his studies as an herbalist and
experimentation with using plants as a main food and medicine source.

Donations are greatly appreciated, especially because he will be driving
down from the Poconos to share his passion and love for the plants and
mushrooms!

Directions to Fisherman's Paradise:
Going East out of town on rt. 26 toward the mall, take a left at the Y onto
Benner Pike.  Pass the commercial area and continue under highway overpass.
Look for a sign that says Fisherman's Paradise and take a left onto Paradise
Drive.  Follow until you hit a T in the road, and take the left onto Spring
Creek Road.  Continue until the road ends and meet up with the group in the
parking lot.

See you all there!
Dani Aubert