[NAFEX] Grafting Juneberry (Amelanchier Canadensis )

Lon J. Rombough lonrom at hevanet.com
Thu Mar 23 23:50:12 EST 2006

Grafting isn't hard, but unless you use a tree type species, the stock
will overwhelm the scion with suckers.  Also, the bushes renew
themselves with those suckers.  Own rooted usually does better for that
reason.  When I tried grafts, the graft had to be pruned hard to keep
it putting out productive new growth, and sucker patrol was vital.
-Lon Rombough
"Best Talent in Writing" award for 2003.