[NAFEX] Antonovka

tanis grif tanisgrif at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 22 10:50:32 EST 2006

Ant rootstock & Beautiful Arcade rootstock (& a few of the cultivars grown for
fruit) grow reasonably but not exactly true from seed.  So I can see if one found a
slightly better Ant or B.A. one would want to propagate it.  But I'd try getting an
Ant which was selected for good fruits grafted to a dwarfing rootstock, for some
precosity.

> > Antonovka is supposed to come true from seed ...

Thanks for the notes about starting Ant rootstocks from seeds, but I thought a
stooler might be faster, since I have the opportunity right in front of me.  And as
for cleft-grafting or otherwise top-working the tree I'm removing, that's a
worthwhile idea except in this particular location which happens to be crowded/
overgrown already.