[NAFEX] ripeness stickers

Nate nrhora at gmail.com
Thu Jul 27 18:06:28 EDT 2006

Funny you should mention that. Other day @ one of those local
"discount" stores (the ones on every corner, that have overprized pop,
cheap cigs)

Some merchant had 4-5 crates of premium apples for sale. One
problem....the bloody skin was peeling off them, some over-whelming
odor came from them, basically tellin me to stay away. Each day they
were out there, it got evidently worse. He musta crossed them off for
say 3 days or so, the first couple of times he used black ink, third
day, just to grab attention, he used red. Still, no buys.

Finally, I came in the other day. Some kid was trying to steal a candy
bar of some kind, and the store keeper comes runnin out with a broom.
Kid makes it right to the entrance, and what happens? The owner swing
the broom, hits the top crate with such force that he shatters both
all the rotting apples in the crate, plus the crate. Scared the kid
jeepers....he ran outta there so fast like a bat outta hell. Lucky
store owner even got his bounty back.

After that fiasco, I said hey...while your at it, why don't you make
some apple juice, you do that you'll get some takers....especially
since it's coming straight from the source.