[NAFEX] Inexpensive Plum Curculio lure

Dennis Norton dmnorton at royaloakfarmorchard.com
Fri Jul 21 00:05:24 EDT 2006

Stephen,

We used the small circle traps with   a pheromone/plum scent lure from Great
Lakes IPM.  The apple tree trunks were not painted white and we used Assail
followed by an Imidan spray 2 weeks later.  2 weeks later we followed the
same regimen, assail followed by Imidan as we were also experiencing a high
CM (codling moth) count that was way above our threshold.

IPM is the choice of most orchards that I have come in contact with
throughout the Midwest as well as eastern states such as New York.  I am
involved with a training program that is being conducted by John Aue, our
contracted entomologist from Wisconsin.  There are many orchards in
southern/southeastern Wisconsin being trained by John through the Wisconsin
Eco-Apple Project (http://www.thinkipm.org/apples/).  Since we consult with
John, he has been training me as part of our contracted services with him.
This will give you an idea of what's happening with IPM in our area.

If you have more questions, just ask!

Royal Oak Farm Orchard
http://www.royaloakfarmorchard.com