[NAFEX] currant joke

Stephen Sadler Docshiva at Docshiva.org
Mon Jul 17 20:50:08 EDT 2006

I don't mind currants fresh, but love them for jams, jellies, candies,
additions to juices, liqueurs, dried and added to tea.

Never had a pee-flavored one, doesn't really sound good.

Stephen

  _____

From: nafex-bounces at lists.ibiblio.org
[mailto:nafex-bounces at lists.ibiblio.org] On Behalf Of Richard MURPHY
Sent: Monday, July 17, 2006 4:22 PM
To: nafex
Subject: [NAFEX] currant joke

Question:    Why did Murph run into the house and eat the litter box?

Answer: He had just eaten a Black Currant, and was trying to get the taste
out of his mouth !!!!!

Holy Smokes, people !!  WOW !!  My wife and I sampled some at the same time
at a friend's house.

We both spit the berries out, and exclaimed how they smelled / tasted like
Cat Tinkle  !!

Then I asked my friend, "Hey Bob; you eat these?"

Bob says, "No way man; they taste like pee"

What am I missing, guys??

Since you all seem to enjoy them so much, I know I'm doing it wrong, or
maybe Bob's berries were not the right Cultivar, etc etc. I would like to
try some in my garden. Are they OK fresh ??

Murph