[NAFEX] Golden Berry (aka. Cape Gooseberry)

Stefan Brandle sbrandle at css.taylor.edu
Fri Jul 7 15:38:06 EDT 2006

> One variety you might want to explore is the Grand Feru Popedy. This
> hybrid has been said to be an outstanding specimen, and is ideal in
> a lot of different environments, from more dry, desert terrain to
> richer soils, such as sandy looms/good drainage.

So where does one get this? Seed Savers Exchange and Southern Exposure Seed Exchange do list a few varieties, but where does one look for seeds for all the other varieties?

Thanks,
-- sb
NE Indiana, zone 5B, where whatever variety of Cape gooseberry I have is looking good and cranking out the fruit. From past memory, I would say that it will be end of July or early August before the first fruit is ripe.