[NAFEX] Pecans

Dylan Ford dford at suffolk.lib.ny.us
Tue Jan 3 17:32:18 EST 2006

Dear Nut Fanciers,

My lady just returned from N. Carolina with a gift-bag of pecans recently
picked up from beneath a tree. I have no information on how long they lay.
Any likelihood that these can be sprouted and grown, or would they have to
have been - I think the word is striated? If anyone thinks they might be
viable, any growing tips? I am on Long Island, Zone 6-7, so I thought we
might be at the very northern range where some might occasionally fruit.
Thanks for any opinions.
Sincerely,    dylan

Dylan Ford is the author of the proposal at www.ideaforpresident.com , a
website devoted to an idea that could provide an avenue to address pollution
issues, food safety, social justice, prison reform and healthcare.