[NAFEX] Gummosis? on peaches

Shirley Murphy samurphy at isp.com
Thu Apr 27 10:04:22 EDT 2006

A clear gelatinous substance is on my peaches which are now about 3/4 inch.  I believe that it is gummosis and has also been observed on the trunks.   The trees have been sprayed twice this year with Surround, sulfur and Serenade.  Should this help control gummosis?  Will the peaches already affected still be salvageable or should they be removed?
Any suggestions for organic control of this and any other typical problems of growing peaches in the Southeast would be appreciated.

Shirley Murphy
zone 7