[NAFEX] Graft question

Dennis Norton dmnorton at royaloakfarmorchard.com
Tue Apr 25 23:19:30 EDT 2006

Chris,

Is the original graft union below the soil line?  If the graft union becomes
covered with soil, the scion cultivar will root, possibly send up suckers,
and the dwarfing habit induced by the rootstock will be lost.  I'm sure you
are aware of this, but was just wondering if the sucker is from the original
rootstock or possibly from the scion cultivar rooting instead.

Dennis Norton
Royal Oak Farm Orchard
http://www.royaloakfarmorchard.com