[NAFEX] Info re: Goof, George's Red, Merton's Knave, Red Devil Apple

W3cmp at aol.com W3cmp at aol.com
Thu Apr 20 01:00:51 EDT 2006

Hello all:
     At a recent grafting seminar I saw scion wood for  an apple named
"Goof".  I was supposedly sold by Bear Creek when it was in  operation. Can anyone
provide any information about the apple? It is not listed  in any of the
reference books I have.
     I also obtained scion wood for three English  redflesh apples-George's
Red, Merton's Knave and Red Devil.  A google  search came up with some pictures
but not much else.  Does anyone have any  information about these apples,
eg., size, taste,  texture, ripening dates,  etc.?  Thanks. Chris Patterson