[NAFEX] asian pears Lucky Pittman

Lucky Pittman lucky.pittman at murraystate.edu
Wed Apr 12 10:03:35 EDT 2006

At 05:57 PM 4/2/2006, you wrote:
>Lucky Pitman,
>I was just reviewing some of my old chats that I saved and came
>across your comment about Chojuro as your favorite Asian
>pear.  Remind me what your zone is??  I think you are "north abit"??
>I like to plant for zone 4 here in SE Wis but am languishing for an
>Asian with always question there hardiness here.
Hi, Michelle.
Been out of town, just got back.
I'm in hot zone 6 - southern west-central KY, just 15 miles or so
north of the TN border - about 70 mi. NW of Nashville TN.

Kevin Matthews, at Edible Forest Nursery will be your best bet for
real-world experience as to which Asians are reliably hardy in
z4.  His website is not currently up, but here's a link to contact info
http://davesgarden.com/gwd/c/1444/

LLP