[NAFEX] Early apple, Liveland Raspberry

tanis grif tanisgrif at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 6 09:57:15 EDT 2006

This gave me more pause than most of what I've read on the list.  I've lived in s.WI
(a county or 2 away from Steve's place) all my life, interested in the different
accents but never thought much about this one. word  The R & the A are more
important, the A sounding close to the A in Yeah; the S is almost immaterial.
Usually closest to Rass, but Zs are often only implied by use of an S sound.

More interesting, what you hear from the older & more rural people is "pick berries"
or "berry picking", w/o mention of kind because of coure you know what's in season.