[NAFEX] [NAFEX) Apple flavor, Jerry's comments

tanis grif tanisgrif at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 5 19:19:27 EDT 2006

'Snow' apple for example.  Nice crisp (delicate, not "crunchy") and very tastey off
the tree, but looses all flavor quickly and most of the texture in storage.  Acts
like a summer apple, tho ripe in mid-Oct.

At least, that's what my "Snow" apple does.  There's always they chance it's
something mis-labelled.

I agree I think some of the "12-hour" summer apples would keep a while if we chilled
them down right away.  Some people want a deck w/ a hot-tub; I want a fruit-storage
cooler.

Interesting-- med-late dessert apple which doesn't keep well: Tolman Sweet