[NAFEX] nafex Digest, Vol 39, Issue 6

Terry Bradshaw terryb at lostmeadowvt.com
Wed Apr 5 03:28:10 EDT 2006

I use Trickl-Eez products at work (99 acre research farm) and Dripworks
at home (<1 acre planting). I'm happy with both companies, although
Dripworks has a bit better customer service.  For my orchard I use
Rainbird pressure compensating emitter tubing with 2' spacing at 0.5
gallons per hour.  I have eight roughly 80' rows in the orchard all fed
from a 3/4" header line.  I run the whole planting with a pressure
regulator at 20 psi off of a hose bib and battery powered timer. I also
have a mazzei fertilizer injector.  Apart from the orchard, my garden,
blueberries, and even deck planters are on the system divided into
different zones. I'd recommend sticking to simple built-in pressure
compensating drip tube rather than individual sprinklers, emitters, or
circular runs off of a feeder line.  The Rainbird tube is simple, lay it
down and you're done.  If you need more water down the road, just run it
longer. Irrigation studies run at Cornell a few years back found that a
single drip tube wet the soil profile out to the drip line in dwarf and
semidwarf plantings due to capillary action in the soil.   I'd recommend
talking with the folks at dripworks to get set up.

--
Terence Bradshaw

terryb at lostmeadowvt.com

http://www.lostmeadowvt.com
http://lostmeadowvt.blogspot.com

1450 feet, zone 4A/B?

The views represented are mine and mine only........