[NAFEX] Zestar shape

Terry Bradshaw terryb at lostmeadowvt.com
Wed Apr 5 03:14:24 EDT 2006

My Zestars look just the same.  I train the branches with clothespins in
their first year, so the angle with the trunk is good, but the branches
will want to bend upwards like a Macoun.  one it fruits for awhile, they
start to bend down but are still quite upright.

Terry B

> Without its leaves, my Zestar Apple Tree looks more like a Lombardy
> Poplar than an apple tree. It's branches, what few it has, do not
> spread, rather stay tightly close to the central leader. It produces
> minimal fruit. Is this what your Zestar is like? Or did I buy
> something else with a wrong name?
> -- Jim Fruth Brambleberry Farm Pequot Lakes, MN www.bberryfarm.com
> Jams, Jellies and Syrups

Terence Bradshaw
Calais, VT

terryb at lostmeadowvt.com

http://www.lostmeadowvt.com
http://lostmeadowvt.blogspot.com

1450 feet, zone 4A/B?

The views represented are mine and mine only........