[NAFEX] Zestar Apple

Nathan Torgerson nathantorgerson at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 3 23:04:24 EDT 2006

Jim,
   The branches on my tree have a nearly 90 degree angle at the trunk w/o training, through they to curl a little and grow upwards (and a heavy apple load will twist the branches if I don't support them.   I get about 80 apples off of my 12 foot semi-dwarf (with thinning to 1 apple every 4 inches)... I have to take metal fence posts and tie the branches up to keep the apples from beding the branches (at least for the last three years).  Do you have a picture? I could send you one of mine tomorrow just to compare.

  Nate

Jim Fruth <jfruth at uslink.net> wrote:
  Without its leaves, my Zestar Apple Tree looks more like a Lombardy
Poplar than an apple tree. It's branches, what few it has, do not spread,
rather stay tightly close to the central leader. It produces minimal fruit.
Is this what your Zestar is like? Or did I buy something else with a wrong
name?
--

Jim Fruth
Brambleberry Farm