[NAFEX] Apple Seedling With 3 Cotelydons

Lon J. Rombough lonrom at hevanet.com
Fri May 13 11:56:21 EDT 2005

The number of cotyledons isn't an indication of the chromosome number,
though the plant description sounds like it might be a polyploid of
some sort.
It's interesting to note that Luther Burbank claimed that seedlings
with the largest leaves, best vigor, etc. were the ones that had the
best fruit.  You might graft some of your seedling on a dwarf stock
like M26 to get it into bearing sooner, to find out.
-Lon Rombough
"Best Talent in Writing" award for 2003.