[NAFEX] Clove Currant and Autumn Olive ID Help

Ribes60 at aol.com Ribes60 at aol.com
Wed May 11 14:45:18 EDT 2005

Re Clove currants. You should be able to identify them when they are in
bloom. Mine are blooming right now (I am in central PA Zone 5/6) The blooms are
yellow and smell like clove, the leaves are shaped more like gooseberry than
currant. Some may be more palatable than others, but I think all are safe to
eat. Mine ripen in mid August and are large black berries.

Re Autumn Olive  Here they are considered invasive and should not be
planted. Bradford pear is "just one click" away from that also

Ed Mashburn