[NAFEX] hungry voles and tasty trees

Stephen Sadler Docshiva at Docshiva.org
Thu May 5 16:28:17 EDT 2005

I find same vole controls by googling 'natural vole control'.  I noticed a
couple of those aren't available in CA, which explains why I never had a
chance to try them.  What has worked best for me is attracting owls.  I put
an 'owl pole' - basically a tall telephone-pole-like pole - in an area where
a owl could use it to spot the our gophers as they exited their burrows to
raid the garden.  One medium owl will kill 2 to 3 small rodents a night.
You can also find plans to build owl habitats/nest boxes.

Stephen Sadler, Ph.D.
USDA 9, AHS heat zone 8,
Sacramento CA - Mediterranean climate

-----Original Message-----
From: nafex-bounces at lists.ibiblio.org
[mailto:nafex-bounces at lists.ibiblio.org] On Behalf Of DocKW at aol.com
Sent: Thursday, May 05, 2005 11:44 AM
To: nafex at lists.ibiblio.org
Subject: Re: [NAFEX] hungry voles and tasty trees

forget the gravel...it doesn't work....I've lost trees with sharp stones
packed down 4inches and more around these trees and there is no stopping a
hungry
critter.
So far, I can only do the bait and poison thing where I see trails and
holes,but they continue to multiply and wreck and ruin my trees....hawks are
pretty
but they don't touch the population.
Karl Olson
Zone 5 south west CT where it has frosted every night for the last 2
weeks....!!!

All other messages are discarded.
No exceptions.
to change other email options):