[NAFEX] Any opinions on my grafting problem?

Lucky.Pittman at murraystate.edu Lucky.Pittman at murraystate.edu
Wed May 4 06:48:23 EDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
> I recently used the bark graft to topwork a large apple tree and all
> six grafts have begun to grow.

While I'll still do a whip & tongue on occasion, and a 3 or 4 flap for large-caliper pecan or walnut scions, I do a bark graft for almost everything, from pecans, hickories, walnuts, & oaks to persimmons, mulberries, and pears; quick, easy, scion & rootstock don't have to be the same size, and success rates have been as high(or higher) as for any other technique I've tried.

Lucky