[NAFEX] Killing Poison Ivy Organically

Pat Meadows pat at containerseeds.com
Sun May 1 15:43:29 EDT 2005

On Sun, 1 May 2005 10:00:14 US/Central, you wrote:

>I've used goat also & they do love it, wish I had had the hogs for followup.  I
>also wanted to say that for small patches, clear plastic burns it if you leave
>it for a whole summer, thru several cycles of regeneration.  Be careful
>disposing of the plastic, of course, if you're sensitive to the stuff like me.

I've had good results killing other weeds with white
vinegar, applied straight (from a watering can).  I usually
have to do it a couple of times.

I wonder if vinegar would work on poison ivy?

We don't seem to have any poison ivy in this area
(Appalachian Mountains in northern Pennsylvania).  It
surprised me, but I have not seen any in four years of
living here and I recognize it when I see it.

I can only assume the winters are too cold for it (the
lowest temperature we've experienced here is -26 F).
Anyway, it doesn't seem to be here.

Pat
--
ContainerSeeds.com - vegetable, herb, fruit, and
edible flower seeds for successful container growing.