[NAFEX] Saskatoons & Evans

Erdman, Jim ErdmanJ at uwstout.edu
Wed Mar 30 09:31:47 EST 2005

________________________________

 Sam Brungardt wrote:

>I planted a tissue-cultured Evans in my neighbor's yard about five years
ago.  It has proved to be very vigorous and taller than many report
Evans growing, perhaps because it is located right next to my compost
pile and is steadily being fertilized.  I've not measured the height,
but I'd guess it's now 15 feet tall.

> (This year we're covering the tree with netting.)

I have been covering my Northstar and Meteor cherries with netting as it is the only way to get any ripe cherries at all, but we had to sew together narrow strips of netting, and it is barely big enough to cover 10 foot tall trees.
What will you use for netting to cover a 15 ft tall tree?  I have asked about netting before but haven't found anything big enough that I can afford.
Still looking for bird netting more than 30 ft wide and long.

Jim Erdman, in Menomonie, WI