[NAFEX] Red Delicious

Brungardt, Sam Sam.Brungardt at state.mn.us
Mon Mar 28 10:02:10 EST 2005

About Delicious lacking the distinctive conical shape with "knobs" on
the blossom end: While Delicous grown in the West have the distinctive
shape, the same strain will often lack it in the East.  Since the
distincitive shape helps sell Delcious, some eastern growers spray with
the growth regulator Promalin. -- Sam Brungardt, St. Paul, Minn.