[NAFEX] Stardard Apple Pruning

tanis grif tanisgrif at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 16 17:03:56 EST 2005

If you are tired too, tell your father-in-law.  Get him to hire some young kid to
continue to prune off the suckers.  (These suckers & knots could have been prevented
by summer-pruning, years ago, but probably too late now.  Would be a project, to
convert...)  If the kid is interested in orcharding, teach him or her grafting; get
the father-in-law involved in a project of grafting the big old trees onto new
rootstocks.  If he sees the benefits of this, he may get the idea himself to remove
the old trees.  Everybody wins?