[NAFEX] What is inadequacy in typical compost?

Thomas Olenio tolenio at sentex.net
Mon Mar 14 18:03:54 EST 2005

Hi,

I imagine it deptends what you put in the compost.

"Coffee grounds contain nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium and trace
elements. Tea leaves contribute similarly, and can be easily disposed of
by composting the filter bag at the same time. Crushed eggshells are
mostly calcium. Banana and citrus peels are a source of nitrogen,
phosphorus and potassium."

A balanced diet creates balanced compost.

Later,
Tom