[NAFEX] American Slow-Food "Hall of Fame" concord flavor

rob hamilton lostman_amiga at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 9 10:24:15 EST 2005

Curious side note.

I drink concord grape juice all my life.  Ocean Spray
most likely. Anyway, a few years ago I was offered
some concord grapes to take home. I was surprised how
different they taste from the juice.  I know corn
syrup and/or apple juice is added to most flavored
juices, but this very different, the grapes had a
Muscidine type flavor to them, thought the juice was
the same as I remember. I think this is described as a
"foxy" taste(?).  Being from the south and growing up
on muscidines, I  enjoyed this new flavor to an old
friend. I now enjoy the fruit more than the juice.

Rob