[NAFEX] downside of free potassium source

Pat Meadows pat at containerseeds.com
Sun Mar 6 07:50:39 EST 2005

On Sun, 6 Mar 2005 06:25:26 -0600, you wrote:

>I haven't been following this thread, but has anyone pointed out that clay
>is an aluminum compound?  The alumina (Al2O3) used as as abrasive is very
>hard, inert, and not likely to be available to crop uptake.  If you want to
>avoid aluminum in your diet, watch out for baking powder and self-rising
>flour.  Both are commonly loaded witn SOLUBLE aluminum.  Though, as has been
>pointed out, no aluminum connection is confirmed to alzheimers.

There are aluminum-free baking powders.  Rumford is one
brand with no aluminum.

http://www.clabbergirl.com/prod_rumford.htm

It doesn't help with commercial baked goods, of course, but
it's a good choice (IMHO) for home use.  I've used it for
years and years.

Pat

--
ContainerSeeds.com - vegetable, herb, fruit, and
edible flower seeds for successful container growing.