[NAFEX] How long for Apricot to Ripen

list at ginda.us list at ginda.us
Sat Jul 16 21:56:23 EDT 2005

My apricots have just started to turn color.  How long is it likely
to take until they are ripe?  We are about to go away on vacation for
about 2 weeks, and if they are likely to be fully ripe before we
return, I will encourage the neighbors to take them.  (In the hopes
that the local wild-life doesn't discover they are good to eat, as
well as to prevent waste.)  If not, we will look for them when we get
home.   I think the neighbor is likely to pick them under-ripe if we
encourage him to harvest them.

Thanks,
Ginda
Eastern Mass., zone 6