[NAFEX] permit to sell seeds

David W Hausmann wizard2468 at juno.com
Sat Jul 9 11:59:12 EDT 2005

'Ello, All!
        I had just checked into this issue here in Missouri and it is
quite different.  A permit to sell seeds grown on your own property is
$5.  A permit to sell vegetable and grass seeds to end users in less than
1 pound packages is another permit for $5.  Only wholesale seed
businesses need a permit for $100.  Below is the info off of the form.

If more than one permit is required for a company or person, please
submit separate applications for each permit.
Please check which type of permit applies:
V - Place of business selling vegetable or lawn seed packets of one pound
or less to the end user.
$5.00
O - Person that sells only labeled seed grown on their own property.
$5.00
N - Retail place of business or person not otherwise identified that
sells or offers for sale agricultural seed or offers for sale
agricultural
seed to the end user, which does NOT provide storage facilities.
$5.00
R - Retail place of business or person not otherwise identified that
sells or offers for sale agricultural seed or bulk vegetable seed to the
end user and which provides storage facilities. A permit to sell
agricultural or bulk vegetable seed will suffice for selling seed as
listed
for a V, O, or N permit listed above.
$15.00
W -Wholesale place of business selling labeled seed for resale, or
negotiating sales as a seed broker.
$100.00
        I have also attached the form to this e-mail and the link is:
http://www.mda.mo.gov/pdf/SeedLicApp.pdf
so at least Missouri is not unreasonable.
        Have a Good One!  Love, Peace and Perception
Wizard
Saint Louis, Missouri

                                                       Be Cooool!
                                                       Wizard2468