[NAFEX] potted pomegranate

list at ginda.us list at ginda.us
Sun Feb 20 11:08:09 EST 2005

Thanks for all the suggestions for potted fruit plants last month.  I
have decided to try a pomegranate.  That is it attractive and
drought-tolerant tipped the scales.  That and that I've never seen one
grown.  (We all explore fruit in our own ways.)  If it fails to thrive,
I will grow a second citrus,

It will be Punica granatum "nana" or "eversweet".

Has anyone ever tried to keep the eversweet small?  I have 2 to 2.5
gallons of pot-space, and 3.5' of headroom above the soil-line in my
sunny window.  I would like to try to "eversweet" if there's a
reasonable chance of success.

Oh, and thanks to whomever suggested alpine strawberries.  I have
ordered a bunch, and will go out and buy a planter soon.

Best,
Ginda
eastern MA, zone 6
Where some intrepid daffodils have begun to sprout, but the outdoor
fruits will be dormant for another month or more.