[NAFEX] Wine Grapes for zone 8

Little Buddies Shanties litlbudy at whidbey.net
Fri Feb 4 15:37:36 EST 2005

I'd like to put in a few wine grapes.  We have been growing eating grapes for several years with great success.  I know their is a several grapes experts in our group and would love any suggestions.  I'm in zone 8, Camano Island Washington.  I like white sweet wines like Riesling or Sauvignon Blanc, husband likes those and merlot.  I saw Madeleine Angevine in the Raintree catalog and thought that might be a good pick.  I read in Joe Cox's book "From Vines to Wines" that Sauvignon Blanc grapes are good for our area, but couldn't find them for sale.  Any ideas ?

Thanks for any ideas -
Felicia