[NAFEX] Bramley Apple (stop me)

Ginda Fisher list at ginda.us
Sun Aug 28 18:53:39 EDT 2005

According to the site

"Americans go for big and bold pies, full of large chunks of apple
combined with ingredients such as cranberries, pecans and pumpkin."

Well, American apple pies often do have chunks of apple, and while
I've never seen an apple/pumpkin pie, I make an apple/cranberry pie
every year for Thanksgiving.  And I've been served a pecan pie
variant with some apple.  So there's some truth to it.  Certainly
American apple pies tend to have discernible pieces of apple, not
"melt in your mouth" Bramleys.  On the other hand, one of the
tastiest pies I've had was pure Macintosh, which also cooks to mush.

Ginda