[NAFEX] Mulberries - How Good

lee reich lreich at hvc.rr.com
Mon Aug 22 23:01:20 EDT 2005

I've had Illinois Everbearing winterkill more than once here in the
colder portion of Zone 5. Typically, it makes overly vigorous growth
-- four feet or more in a season -- which then dies back, or the
whole tree dies. I'm grafting some this spring onto some wild
seedlings and I'll try growing them under leaner conditions to
toughen them up for winter.

Lee Reich, PhD
www.leereich.com
Books by Lee Reich: