[NAFEX] preserving mulberries

Stephen Sadler Docshiva at Docshiva.org
Sun Aug 21 13:48:07 EDT 2005

They freeze very well, and mulberry jam is delicious.  Generally, preserve
them just like blackberries.

Jam can need more lemon juice, as you want to use fully ripe, sweet,
mulberries - but there are mulberry-specific recipes on the net.

Stephen Sadler, Ph.D.
USDA 9, AHS heat zone 8,
Sacramento CA - Mediterranean climate

-----Original Message-----
From: nafex-bounces at lists.ibiblio.org
[mailto:nafex-bounces at lists.ibiblio.org] On Behalf Of
martha_davis at highstream.net
Sent: Sunday, August 21, 2005 10:32 AM
To: nafex at lists.ibiblio.org
Subject: [NAFEX] preserving mulberries

What experiences have people had with preserving mulberries? I am
considering
planting one, but they are large trees with lots of fruit that could become
nuisance if I don't have good things to do with them.  Has anyone tried jam,
freezing berries, canning, pulping, drying  or fruit leather?  How did they
turn out?

Martha Davis

All other messages are discarded.
No exceptions.