[NAFEX] where to get prunus serrula?

Stephen Sadler Docshiva at Docshiva.org
Thu Aug 18 02:30:29 EDT 2005

Gorgeous bark!  Trees available at Forestfarm
http://www.forestfarm.com/search/closeup.asp?PlantID=prse092

And seeds at
http://vandusen.plantexplorers.com/product_info.php/products_id/30

References to fruit I find show it as cherry-like, one-half inch in
diameter.  If I could find my old Oregon Exotics catalog I think they had a
(possibly exaggerated) description.

Stephen

-----Original Message-----
From: nafex-bounces at lists.ibiblio.org
[mailto:nafex-bounces at lists.ibiblio.org] On Behalf Of mIEKAL aND
Sent: Wednesday, August 17, 2005 8:53 PM
To: North American Fruit Explorers
Subject: [NAFEX] where to get prunus serrula?

I'm wondering if this is in the US.  All the sources that come up in
google seem to be from the UK.  Read a review about a new
tibetan/mexican fusion restaurant which serves tibetan cherries.  They
are described as being the size of an orange with a pit the size of a
golfball.  They are also known as birchbark cherry tho I suspect there
are ones selected for fruit & ones selected for their exfoliating bark.

~mIEKAL

All other messages are discarded.
No exceptions.
to change other email options):