[NAFEX] Black Cherry

Jwlehman at aol.com Jwlehman at aol.com
Mon Aug 15 11:02:47 EDT 2005

In a message dated 8/14/2005 4:26:30 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
tanistanis at hotmail.com writes:

> jwlehman:  I bet that would work, but the way the birds feed on
> blackcherries here, I'd be collecting a lot of bird poo.  Can fruit &
> plastic sheet be washed adequately?

I've laid down plastic for persimmons to fall on, works well. With the
plastic on grass they bounce instead of going splat!  Then just roll them off. Yes,
it collects bird dropings which mostly dry up and they can be rolled off also.
But cherries would require more tilting of the plactic (I'd imagine) and the
dried manure might be a bigger problem staying with the cherries. Now this
will sound gross, but I'd think the cherries would drop to the bottom of water
and the droppings float. Pour them off.

Jerry