[NAFEX] Grape Arbor

Lon J. Rombough lonrom at hevanet.com
Fri Aug 5 10:29:44 EDT 2005

Sounds like the variety is too vigorous for the size of the arbor, if
you are pruning it correctly each winter.  Leaf pulling to expose the
fruit isn't really necessary with most table grapes. It's more
important with some wine grapes.  More important is that the vine isn't
overcropped.  If crop load is right, fruit should ripen fine, assuming
it's not too late a variety for  your area.
-Lon Rombough
"Best Talent in Writing" award for 2003.